Sunday, September 18, 2005

Tetine @ Flex

Went to Flex last night - my favorite club in Vienna, maybe my favorite club anywhere (not counting the ones where I get punched in the face). Subotron promised a "night of intensive twisted ghetto electro – funk carioca meets punk rock, miami bass & grime sung in loud and clear Portuguese. Dirty electro/disco-punk/booty bass for the masses!" brought to you by Tetine.

I got there late because the U-bahn in this lovely city stops at 12:30pm. My whole life these days seems to be running about 2 hours behind schedule at least, but I thought I could make the last one, with bit of running... nay, t'was not to be. But the night was nice enough, and after about half an hour's walk through the city, now replete with loud drunken fourteen year olds, I made it to Flex in time to catch at least the last half of Tetine's set (they were supposed to come on at 11pm). What can I say? A dirty sexy loud Brazilian duo with crazy energy - the girl longlegged, loud mouthed, sexy sexy sexy, the guy grimy and jumpy. Baile funk, yes, I wouldn't call it grime - less angry, less dark, wilder, oh and yes, sexier than UK grime - more along the lines of MIA and Cobra Killer. But music genres are silly anyhow. They were awesome, and that is all that matters.

How I got home? The first U-bahn, of course. And it wasn't even light out yet - autumn is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home